Help your Excel users spend their time analyzing data and drawing conclusions. Not managing large numbers of files and fragmented data.
What is XLhub?
- XLhub extends the capabilities of Microsoft Excel to enable better reporting, collaboration and data security
- It can be used for reducing the file handling steps in business processes such as forecasting, budgeting, project tracking, time tracking etc.
- With XLhub, data in spreadsheets to be saved to a central repository (hub). From the hub, it can be retrieved into other spreadsheets or reports.
What Problem Does It Solve?
From a Executive’s perspective, XLhub solves the following problems:
- Files have to be emailed in order to share data with co-workers
- Confidential data is exposed because permissions are hard to manage with Excel files cluttered about Inboxes, local folders and thumb drives
- Reporting on data spread across multiple files requires manually copying/pasting data
- It is hard to compare the contents of different files and see what changed
- Files clutter up the network and email system because each snapshot of the data is saved with a different file name
- Spreadsheets with complex models become brittle due to links and references across sheets
What Can I Do With It?
- Increase the productivity of your teams by building applications with which your team can collaborate without emailing files to each other
- Build applications that your IT department will be willing to support because they are compliant with IT standards (Microsoft technologies)
- Easily create reports from multiple spreadsheets
- Rapidly automate business processes
- Make your complex spreadsheet models maintainable and extensible
- Reduce Excel file clutter. Each snapshot of the data can be saved to the hub instead of “File Save As” with a new file name
- Improve the auditability of your critical data (the value and formula of each cell is preserved in the database)
- Improve the security of your critical data by granting only authorized people permission to access the data
What Kind of Applications Can I create Using Excel?
See our App Store for “ready-to-go” examples. Below are some applications that XLhub was designed for:
- Sales Reporting – Track sales reports from multiple regional sales reps. Easily slice and dice the data
- Budgeting – Create a multi-user budgeting application, preserve all versions of budgets requested and approved)
- Time Tracking – Enable your employees to submit their timesheets from Excel. Automatically consolidate the submissions, create invoices, create reports, and flag exceptions
Is It Easy to Implement?
- Yes. Benefits can be realized within hours
- Sample application and training videos are available on this site
- An Implementation Planning Questionnaire and Implementation Guide are available
- No programming skills are required.
Where Can I Get More Information?
- See videos, white papers on this website
- See our FAQ
- Best of all, contact us by chat right now.
How Much Does It Cost?
XLhub and SQL Server Extend the Capabilities of Excel
|With Excel:||With Excel and XLhub:|
|Data is locked inside spreadsheet files||Make data in spreadsheets accessible to other spreadsheets and applications|
|Multi-user sharing often involves time-consuming re-entry and cutting/pasting||Prevent routine cutting and pasting from multiple sources|
|Workbooks can only be edited by one user at a time||Allow simultaneous multi-user access to data|
|Files are duplicated excessively to track versions and to share spreadsheets between multiple users||Eliminate the need to duplicate files|
|Changes to the data are difficult to track||Add a full audit trail to your data|
|No version control||Use versioning to roll back changes to any particular version|
|Security and access control are difficult to provide||Add a security and access layer to Excel|
XLhub Offers Full Integration with SQL Server
XLhub is designed to fully integrate Excel with SQL Server, allowing two-way data transfer. If you depend on Excel and need to save your data to SQL Server, make XLhub your simple solution and extend the capabilities of Excel even further.